Each year, we take time to recognize the outstanding achievements of our nurses through our annual nursing award programs. This year, our awards categories underwent some changes, and were aligned with Sinai Health System’s first Academic Practice Strategy. The new award categories include: Transformational Leadership, Quality and Safety, Research and Innovation, Joy in Work, Collaborative Practice, and Clinical Education and Professional Development.
Mount Sinai nurse Sarabeth Silver, was not only a part of the teams honoured with both a Quality and Safety Award as part of the Unit Council Advisory as well as a Collaborative Practice Award for the 11 South nurses – she was also a presenter. “It was a special opportunity for me to present the Debra Hodgins Nursing Education Scholarship, as not only was I a recipient of this scholarship myself, but I’m also lucky enough to know this year’s recipients, and they are outstanding nurses.”
For the Joy in Work Award, one of the nominators had particularly high praise for Bridgepoint recipient Regina Azucena, writing in, “she makes our work life full with positivity, in attitude and spirit, [and pride in] being a nurse, and at the end of the day, we are still smiling.”
Read the full list of winners, and check out the gallery below to see photos from the events.
Bridgepoint Active Healthcare:
- Clinical Education and Professional Development Award– Galina Todorova, 8 North
- Collaborative Practice Award – 6 South
- Joy in Work Award – Regina Azucena, 2 North
- Quality and Safety Award – Ning (Emily) Dai, 8 North
- Research and Innovation Award Vivian Canete, 3 South
- Transformational Leadership Award – Mary Elyn Alanan, 7 North
Mount Sinai Hospital:
- Gerald P. Turner Department of Nursing Best Practice Award – Cindy Campbell, Endoscopy.
- Clinical Education and Professional Development Award: Carol Cheng, NICU; Leslie Vermeersch, Special Pregnancy Program; Rosemary Altobelli, NICU.
- Collaborative Practice Award – 11 South Chemo Nurses; Eleanor Grilo, Labour and Delivery; Mount Sinai Fertility.
- Joy in Work Award – Cindy Shaffer, 14 South; Krista Black, 15 Murray; Julie Ong, 10 South.
- Quality and Safety Award: 11 North, Stephanie Saraga, NICU & Maggie Richter, Emergency Department; Unit Council Advisory.
- Research and Innovation Award – Amanda Kerr, 14 North; Giuliana Vertolli, Acute Pain Service & Jaclyn Ricci, Transitional Pain Service.
- Transformational Leadership Award – Julie Tagi, Nursing Administration; James Clancy, Nursing Administration; Vanessa May Ramos, 14 South.
- Frank Gerstein Nursing Scholarship: Alexia Cumal, 10 South; Julie Moore, ICU.
- Debra Hodgins Nursing Education Scholarship: Madison Peters, 11 South; Phebe Yongao 10 South.
- Morris Gross Nursing Clinical Practice Scholarship: Stephanie Bott, NICU.
- Helen Evans Nursing Education Scholarship: Sharon Choo, Nursing Education.