In a recent ceremony, the Annual Wightman-Berris Academy Individual Teaching Awards celebrated their greatest teachers and educators from all health disciplines, and a number of talented recipients were recognized for their outstanding contributions to education.
The Wightman-Berris Academy is composed of a network of hospitals and clinics including Sinai Health System, University Health Network and Michael Garron Hospital. This network delivers major components of the preclinical and clinical curriculum of the Undergraduate Medical Program of the University of Toronto, Faculty of Medicine. The Academy also supports interprofessional programs and provides a home for educational activities and resources to support postgraduate training at the University.
Congratulations to our talented educators across Sinai Health System.
- Dr. Daniel Jones, General Surgery (Mount Sinai Hospital)
- Dr. Kimberly Coros, Physical Medicine & Rehab (Bridgepoint Active Healthcare)
- Dr. Vincent Chien, Internal Medicine (Bridgepoint Active Healthcare)
- Dr. Allan Vescan Otolaryngology (Mount Sinai Hospital)
- Dr. Shital Gandhi, Internal Medicine (Mount Sinai Hospital)
- Dr. Vibhuti Shah, Pediatrics & Neonatology (Mount Sinai Hospital)
- Dr. Sean Balmain, Cardiology (Mount Sinai Hospital)
- Ellen Leung, Physiotherapy (Bridgepoint Active Healthcare)
- Iona Leong, Oral Pathology & Oral Medicine (Dentistry) (Mount Sinai Hospital)
- Usman Khan, Physical Therapy (Bridgepoint Active Healthcare)